Many people outside of our local communities are asking how to help with the devastation caused by Hurricane Sally. Quickly increasing from a Category 1 to a Category 3 storm, Sally caused tremendous hardship for local residents, including a great financial burden for some, owing thousands of dollars in home and property damage.
You can now designate a gift to ‘Hurricane Relief’ through the GIVE button. 100% of the donations will go to help those impacted.
Serve with us, as we seek to mobilize hundreds of our people to meet the needs of our communities!
- Serve Days: Local Yard Clean-Up - Tuesday (9/22), Wednesday (9/23), and Saturday (9/26); meet at 3Circle - Fairhope Campus at 9:00A, in the back/South parking lot, behind the church. Bring any lawn equipment you have: chainsaws, rakes, limb loppers, gloves, and water/preferred beverage.
- Fairhope Emergency Services is partnered with FEMA to distribute MRE’s and other items to those in need, at Volanta Park in Fairhope. They are in need of volunteers to help hand out items, multiple times a day. Please call Lynn Meiser at 803-439-7691 to be scheduled to volunteer. She is getting in touch with people on her list each time she is notified of a new delivery.
- Prodisee Pantry needs adults (18 yrs and up only, due to COVID) to volunteer on location on Tuesday, September 22. Volunteers will pack food bags for distribution. Please arrive between 8:00-8:30A; 9315 Spanish Fort Blvd, Spanish Fort, AL
- Fairhope United Methodist Church is partnered with the Fairhope Police Department to accept and distribute donations of water, batteries, tarps, nonperishable food items and snacks. Drop off at FUMC office: 155 S Section St, Fairhope, AL
- Ecumenical Ministries in Fairhope had significant damage and they need help ripping up carpet and cutting up a tree that fell behind the thrift store. Call Sally at 251-786-0022 to offer manual labor.
- Mayor-Elect, Sherry Sullivan and the Fairhope Police Department have stated a need for people who have lost their homes. They are looking for families in the community that may have an open guest house, so that the displaced families have a temporary place to stay. Call Sally from Ecumenical Ministries at 251-786-0022, with any information.
- If you are able to provide any other help (volunteers to move fallen trees, provide chainsaws, etc.), please email our Missions Director- email@example.com.
- Donations of toiletries and non-perishable foods are being collected for distribution; stop by the church office, Mon-Thurs (9:30A-4:30P).
- Volunteers are needed to serve meals at Ransom Café (Wed-Fri, 11A-1P); to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org