Policies & Procedures
At 3Circle Church, we are committed to reaching children with the love of Christ. In a safe and nurturing environment, we teach children about God’s gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. We enable children to be committed followers of Christ through sound Biblical teaching. We teach children that they are wonderfully made and they have been given unique gifts and abilities by God to be used for His glory. We are committed to helping each parent become the primary and best spiritual leader in his/her child’s life.
Children are a gift from God and should be treated with love, grace, tenderness, and care.
Faithfully teach the Word of God; provide for the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the children under our care; safeguard every child while he is in our care.
Safety and Security
(because it is our job to guard children physically, spiritually, and emotionally)
- All children in all venues functioning as a part of 3Circle Church must be properly checked in and must have current allergies or special needs entered into our database.
- Allergy alerts will be placed at every check-in area when food or possible allergens will be used during 3Circle Church Kids.
- Children’s information in the database system will not be released to anyone who is not a parent/guardian.
- Children will be checked in again when they arrive to their small group leader as an extra precaution. Each child’s name and label number will be written on a green sheet that remains with the lead teacher. This provides an extra measure of protection in case of an emergency.
- Children will be checked-out at their small group area. Children will only be released to the adult holding the corresponding label.
- Two adults will be with children at all times unless a single adult teacher and children are in an open area easily seen by others.
- Children will be accompanied by a teacher to the restroom door. A teacher will only enter if the child has an emergency or requests help for some reason. If a child needs help that is sensitive in nature, parents will be contacted immediately.
- When children are moved from one location to another, roll will be taken from the green sheet.
- We encourage appropriate physical touch between 3Circle Church Kids volunteers and children: hugs, high fives, fist bumps, patting a child’s upper back, etc. Obviously, any inappropriate or questionable physical contact will be dealt with immediately. There is no tolerance for inappropriate contact between an adult and a child.
- All adult volunteers will have a background check performed by 3Circle Church and must be approved by the executive pastor and the children’s pastor.
- A security officer will patrol all areas of campus where children are present during Sunday morning events.
- If any type of abuse is witnessed or suspected, 3Circle Church Kids volunteers are to report that to any pastor on staff. Appropriate action will be immediately taken.
- If a child is injured while parents/guardians are not present and a volunteer attends to the child, an injury report needs to be filled out. This can be obtained at any check-in desk.
Health and Cleanliness
(because we want our children to learn in a healthy environment)
- All children’s areas are cleaned and sanitized after every use.
- Children’s toys are sanitized once a week.
- Bathrooms are cleaned after every scheduled function.
- Furniture is regularly inspected for possible weakness or problems.
- Hand washing is encouraged by teachers after a child goes to the bathroom.
- Teachers must wash their hands after going to the restroom, changing a diaper, or helping a child in the restroom.
(because we want our children to learn about God’s love in a structured environment)
- Teachers will never raise their voices at children.
- If a serious discipline problem arises, teachers will first address the problem and make the child aware that his/her behavior is unacceptable. If the problem continues, the child will be given a kind but firm warning that he/she is going to be removed from the room or placed away from the other children if the behavior continues. If he/she continues in the behavior, he/she will be placed away from the other children and parents will be contacted.
- Toys or electronic devices brought to class should be put away by the child. If he/she refuses to keep the toy from being a distraction, the toy should be placed near the door to be picked up when he/she is checked-out by parents.
- All class time will be planned, purposeful, and Biblically sound. Teachers should always be well-prepared in order to prevent “dead time” which tends to encourage restless behavior in children.
(because even in scary times we want to provide calm, loving affirmation that the grown-ups are there to help and guide)
- In the event of a tornado warning, all children and teachers will follow the emergency weather plan developed by our trained security personnel.
- In the event of a fire, teachers are to have children move into a single file line and proceed out the nearest exit that isn’t blocked by fire. All children should be walked in line to the place designated by our security personnel. Roll will be taken using the Green Sheets. Children will not be released to parents until all children have been moved the secure location designated by our security team.
- In the event of a gunman on campus, armed personnel will be ready. Teachers will follow the protocol outlined by our trained security personnel.
Pastor Brandon Stephens - 3Circle Family Pastor - Brandon@3CircleChurch.com
Pastor Kara Stephens - 3Circle Kid's Pastor - Kara@3CircleChurch.com
Brittany Hogan - 3Circle Jr Director - Brittany@3CircleChurch.com